Sunday, November 18, 2007

Week 11 vs Lions - 1st half

Here's your simple stat for the game today: The Lions are 6-3. So are the Giants. This is, indeed, Bizarro NFL.

  • That's quite a dramatic entrance the Lion make onto Ford Field. I don't know if I'm right about this but I think that the Chicago Bulls are responsible for all of these overblown dramatic entrances. "Yoooouuurrr ChiCAgo BULLLLSSS!!!!!"
  • Rod Marinelli tells his team: "You have earned the right to play a meaningful game in November." Sheesh.
  • I can't deal with this phrase: "The Lions are on [the Giants'] level." I just can't. I'm sorry.
  • With DeWayne White out, maybe Tony Siragusa can fill in.
  • This is actually a meaningful game, don't forget. I'm talking to Eli, not you.
  • The Lions had -18 rushing yards last week. Really. NEGATIVE EIGHTEEN. If NY can't stop them that's verrrry bad.
  • Ow. That looks like it hurt.
  • That's what I'm talking about. The Lions trying to run the ball and getting stuffed. Let's do it.
  • Maybe it's just me, but I think Mike Martz is nuts.
  • Um, or not. So the Lions are running the ball well. Oh shit, Kiwanuka is shaken up. Down. Is he getting up? That looks like it hurt. Oboy. He's not even putting weight on the ankle. It's been less than a minute and two guys are out, 1 Lion, 1 Giant.
  • That's it Strahan. Earn your money.
  • See that? Kitna waited until the clock was almost at zero, then he started the play. Before it got to zero. Not after.
  • NICE tackle to keep the Lions from getting a first down.
  • OK, NY is playing so-so. It's early but these teams look more evenly matched than I'd like.
  • The knock on Brandon Jacobs is that he's so big he'll spend a lot of time injured. Maybe. But man, when he's on, he's really good. A Lion tackler just ran into him and literally bounced off. It was like a VW Bug hitting a Hummer.
  • Some good plays, some not so good plays. At least Tynes hit the FG.
  • 4th and 19. Let's see a lot of that today.
  • Well, there's a penalty. I knew it was too good to last.
  • Coughlin's starting to pout... arms will flap soon...
  • Hey, that was a nice little pass Eli made to Sinorice Moss. Lots of people think the Giants need to open up the field and use the 3rd receiver more often, maybe they will.
  • Another catch by Moss, but... SHIT! He fumbles. I guess it was a "strip" but it was also a "drop."
  • OK, we got it back quickly. I would've liked the Giants to score some big points here, get some confidence back.
  • They seem to be moving a little more quickly than they were last week, although you really need to just get the hell onto the field when the time comes.
  • Good run and slide by Eli to get the 1st.
  • Strong plus for the day so far: Eli hitting different receivers (7 so far).
  • Whether or not Jacobs ends up a great RB, he definitely is a guy who plays hard and with some heart. He's stopped, but he doesn't give up, he tries again and at least gets a yard.
  • I don't like these flips to Jacobs but they seem to be working so I won't complain. Well, I will when they don't work.
  • Chris Snee with the false start! Questionable call but they made it.
  • Shockey has... nothing. Shit. He was close but he got stopped. Without the penalty they would've been fine.
  • Here's the Lions offense for you: when it works, its amazing. They make it look like the other team isn't even playing. But it doesn't always work, and when it doesn't, they look like a high school team.
  • Wait, what? He was tackled, right? McDonald? You know what, I don't think his knee hit the ground. Cough is challenging but I don't think it'll work. FINISH THE TACKLE AND THIS IS NOT AN ISSUE.
  • Oh wow, Coughlin won the challenge. That's a nice surprise. I'll take it but I don't think he was right.
  • Marinelli's pissed and I don't blame him. Hopefully this won't energize the team and get them mad enough to start playing better.
  • You don't need to be a lip reader to know what Roddy M is saying.
  • I hope Plax isn't losing a step. He clearly is, though. Fox guys say he's not getting to his spots, which seems to be true.
  • HOWEVER, if S. Moss and the Shockster can step up, we'll be OK.
  • That pass was Eli's fault. Too short. Plax got back to it but it wasn't worth much.
  • Not much time guys...
  • Toomer gets out of bounds to stop the clock. 33 secs left, 3 & 1, DET 13 yard line.
  • QB sneak to get the first down, then a quick time out. Three seconds total. OK, that's good.
  • Nice jump by Jacobs to get the TD! Love it. That was on a little toss to him. The one I don't like. Well, fuck it, I'm not the coach.
  • End of the first half. Looked bad for awhile there but it ended well.

No comments: