Sunday, December 9, 2007

Week 14 vs Philly - 1st half

  • Plax left the field during warm-ups. Not sure what that means yet. He's active but maybe the injury caught up with him.
  • Some guy the Giants cut returns the opening kick off for 26 yards.
  • Looks like the Eagles' offense is dialed in, marching down the field. If I'm McNabb, I might throw the game just to piss off the Philly fans. They really treat him worse than a red-headed stepchild. You'd think he was, y'know, Eli or something.
  • I think some of the Eagles' players were just stepping on Reggie Brown on the sidelines.
  • Andy Reid looks like he sweats mayo.
  • Strahan, you SUCK. Westbrook just beat him easier than... well, even easier than he just scored. Coughlin is looking at his feet. One of the Giants' defenders barely went after Westbrook on that one. I don't know if he would've had a chance to catch him but don't you at least make the effort? Not on this team I guess.
  • Just showed the replay and the Giants looked like chumps on that one. Really ugly.
  • Jacobs gets a few but he's been hurt and may not produce. Looks like Burress is on the field, we'll see how he does.
  • OK, Brandon? Dude? You're good, I'm a fan. But you really can't do that sort of thing unless you really know you can bust a decent run. The stutter-step thing is fine but that just didn't work. Aaaaand Eli goes down. This is doesn't look good.
  • Finally a good play from the D.
  • That was a false start. I could see that from here. Surprised the flag didn't fly sooner.
  • Andy Reid just went for it on 4th down and I disagree with the commentators. I think its OK to do it because if you make it, you really put some fear into the Giants. Of course, now McNabb got himself hurt a bit so I guess they're right an I'm wrong.
  • Aside: I really hope Detroit beats Dallas today. Really. Can't stand the Cowboys.
  • Eagles are getting knocked around hard. Suddenly the Giants are playing a little better. Then Eli throws a ball to somewhere that no player actually is. So maybe not.
  • Jacobs came very close to getting a first down there. That kind of sums up this team right now. Almost good enough, but not really.
  • McNabb had all the time in the world. Not because the Giants weren't pressuring but because they didn't finish their tackles. McNabb looked good but this isn't the McNabb from a few years ago.
  • Trick play from the Eagles. I need to see if someone tracks these because it seems like there's been a bunch more this season. It's stupid. I know it's fun for the coaches and maybe even the players, but you can only do it if it works. Greg Lewis throwing passes? Um, no. Would've been nice
  • Giants are 5-1 on the road this season. It's an impressive stat actually. If they win today that'll help, although if I had to pick right now, I'd say it doesn't look promising.
  • Bad hit by Lito (whoah-oh-oh...). Fans are booing, shockingly. I think if one of the Eagles' pulled a gun and got a penalty they'd boo that too. Maybe this is a turning point in the game. Maybe. I hope. Please.
  • Good field position after those penalties. Not much on that pass but if they just keep moving it they'll get there. This team isn't all that great (the Eagles I mean).
  • ROO-BEN! ROO-BEN! Wish he'd finished it off with a score but that was nice. That looked like a bad tackle to me.
  • What the hell was that? Good thing the penalty was against Philly or else I would... well, pout. I don't know. Love that "half the distance to the goal" penalty when they're on the 1.
  • Shockey missed the ball! And he's MAD about it! Really mad! That time I think it was Eli's fault. The throw was way off. Tommy C is pouting. And here's Droughns running into a big pile of Eagles. Why? Why why why?
  • Eagles have tapered off and the Giants have a shot here after McQuarters' return to midfield. The announcers don't seem to know who's playing; he just called Eli "McNabb". 30 seconds on the clock, Giants are trying to get a score before the half, and they're having their typical hard time doing it.
  • Here's what's so frustrating: every now and then, Eli makes a great play. Like that one to Plax, who catches the ball and gets out of bounds immediately. Then he throws the ball to no one in particular and gets it knocked down. Aaaand who were you throwing to there Eli? They say Moss but I thikn that's generous. It was nowhere near him.
  • 3rd and 10, let's see if they can make this happen. Five seconds left. Do the Giants take a shot at the end zone before the half? No. Probably the right move but it still feels lame. At least Tynes made it.

No comments: